Yoga As Therapy For Back Problems 16-17 March 2019, London, UK.
Learn how to assess different people with different kinds of back problem, select, customise and holistically apply suitable yoga techniques for the koshas of body, breath/vital energy and mind.
The workshop takes place at Yoga Campus, Thane Works, Finsbury Park, London, UK.
The booking option will become live in the Autumn.
Meanwhile you can contact me if you have any questions.
In this workshop Anna brings together extensive training and many years experience of treating people with back problems with osteopathy, yoga, shiatsu and relaxation techniques along with her own personal experience of recovery from a back injury.
This is not a one size fits all approach to back pain. You will learn about some of the most common conditions affecting the back, how to determine which yoga asanas could work for different individuals with different problems and which to avoid. We will also include how to work effectively with breathing and techniques for the mind (using the koshas), in order to help relieve pain, mobilise and strengthen the spine, rehabilitation and problem prevention.
- Anatomy and pathology of common conditions including; herniated disc, facet joint sprain, sciatica, arthritis, scoliosis, sacro-iliac joint pain, spondylolisthesis and more
- How to assess and record posture and spinal movements
- Pain relief
- The role of the mind
- Simple hands on bodywork techniques drawn from osteopathy and shiatsu
- Yoga poses for different types of problem
- Relaxation positions and techniques
- Breath and visualisation
The workshop will contain theory, as well as practical work, and is aimed at yoga teachers, trainee teachers and yoga therapists in training or practice.